Rita Dekšnytė’s focus is on clients’ personal growth with a view to improving abilities to successfully cope with everyday challenges. She sees mental skills as any other skills that need to be learnt and practised regularly and emphasises the transferability of these skills into different life situations. Rita’s definition of success is a journey towards excellence and striving to fulfil personal or team goals with commitment and integrity.
Rita has graduated with an MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology from the University of Jyväskylä (Finland) and an MSc in Diagnostics and Interventions from the University of Leipzig (Germany). She also holds a BA in Sport and Leisure Management from the University of Hull (United Kingdom). In addition, Rita has completed Corporate Training certification and is currently on a Mindfulness teacher training pathway.
Rita has been working as Performance Consultant and Mental Trainer since 2013, providing consulting and training to individuals and groups. She is an active member of European Network of Young Specialists in Sport and Exercise Psychology (ENYSSP) and a country representative for Lithuania. Here are some of learning and development projects delivered:
- Sport Psychology Workshops for the Lithuanian National Women’s U-17 Football Team in preparation for UEFA Championship in 2018.
- Performance Enhancing Mental Skills Curriculum designed and integrated into PE classes at the sports high school in Jyväskylä (Finland).
- Mental Skills Training Programmes designed and delivered to youth athletes and coaches at Vilnius Tennis Academy (Lithuania).
- An elective Applied Sport Psychology course designed and taught to graduate students at the University of Jyväskylä (Finland).
- Appreciating Diversity Workshop for educators designed and presented at international conferences.